Summer moisture and the summer sun can be damaging to your hair.
Here are some preventative steps to ensure that your hair does not get damaged:
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the sun.
- Limit the use of “hot” items on you hair such as blow dryers and flat irons.
- Staying hydrated is important for healthy hair as well as your overall health so make sure that you are drinking enough water.
- Try washing your hair less as shampooing strips the natural moisture out of your hair.
- Use a conditioner daily on your hair.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo, which is is gentler than a regular shampoo.
- Get you hair trimmed every six to eight weeks. Your hair grows faster in the warmer months and frizzies are more common.
- Braiding or wearing your hair up will help contain frizzies.
- Replenish your hair by using product(s) that will moisturize your hair such as leave-in conditioners.
- Use a clarifying shampoo after swimming to wash out the chlorine, salt and any residues that may be in your hair.