Coconut Oil – An individual can use a mixture of coconut oil (4 tablespoons) and lime juice (2 teaspoons) for treating the problem of thinning hair. It is advisable to massage to scalp with this mixture for at least 10-15 minutes.
Aloe Vera – Rubbing the scalp with fresh aloe vera and a few drops of almond oil can help in curing the problem of thinning hair. Consumption of aloe vera juice can improve hair growth. It is interesting to note that fresh aloe vera gel can also be used as a conditioner for improving hair texture.
Castor Oil – Applying castor oil with honey (1 teaspoon) 3 to 4 times a week can treat the problem of thinning hair. Regular application of castor oil on the hair can increase growth.
Olive Oil – Massaging your scalp with olive oil can treat the problem of thinning hair. It is recommended to remove oil after 6-8 hours for obtaining better results. Applying olive oil can also help in removing dirt from the hair. It can further help in improving hair texture.
Vegetable Juice – Consumption of a mixture of carrot, lettuce and capsicum juice is one of the most effective remedies for thinning hair. An individual can also drink a mixture of fresh alfalfa and spinach juice to treat the problem of thinning hair. It is interesting to note that washing hair with corinander juice can also provide effective results.
Vinegar – An individual can use a mixture of apple cider vinegar (half cup) and warm water (1 cup) for rinsing hair in order to obtain good results. Drinking apple cider vinegar (half teaspoon) in a glass of water 3 to 4 times in a week can also improve hair growth.
Summer moisture and the summer sun can be damaging to your hair.
Here are some preventative steps to ensure that your hair does not get damaged:
- Wear a scarf, hat or cap to protect your hair from the sun.
- Limit the use of “hot” items on you hair such as blow dryers and flat irons.
- Staying hydrated is important for healthy hair as well as your overall health so make sure that you are drinking enough water.
- Try washing your hair less as shampooing strips the natural moisture out of your hair.
- Use a conditioner daily on your hair.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo, which is is gentler than a regular shampoo.
- Get you hair trimmed every six to eight weeks. Your hair grows faster in the warmer months and frizzies are more common.
- Braiding or wearing your hair up will help contain frizzies.
- Replenish your hair by using product(s) that will moisturize your hair such as leave-in conditioners.
- Use a clarifying shampoo after swimming to wash out the chlorine, salt and any residues that may be in your hair.